Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Power111 View Post
the new M versions of the F30 and F32 will given different model names: F80 M3 and F82 M4.
Right but I think his question was more about why that is the case this time around. As far as I know, we don't have any details of what has prompted the divergence of chassis codes yet.
With the F10M they realized they replaced over 85% or some crazy number like that of the standard Chassis so it is loosely based on the F10. Many if the suspension parts are stamped M, and others have it as part of the casting.

With the proposed F30M they just wanted to start from the ground up. If you are changing out all these parts isn't it easier to just start from scratch and see if something works rather than finding each parts' weakness and redesigning?That is the impression I was given.

The headlights are rumored to be different- possibly with bright yellow LED halos to show it racing roots, when final.

The rear diff will be the same as the M5, the supplier contract is supposedly already established. You can also expect the rear suspension advances to carry over and the gear boxes as well.

It is shaping up nicely. Exciting times, minus M won't be naturally aspirated ever again.