View Single Post
      08-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #172
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Scott26, is it confirmed then that BMW is going EPS for M4 100%. If so can you directly compare the M4 EPS setup vs. the HPS setup now in the E9x M3. How has the feedback and feel suffered if you can elaborate on this. How is the M4 EPS in comparison to 911. Because this is the area of main concern.

Also, is the engine sound prerecorded played instead of being piped in live. In other words are we going to hear some real engine sound a la E9x M3 or E60 M5 style or prerecorded version like the newer M cars.

Overall, how would you rate E9x M3 on scale of 1-10 vs. M4 on scale of 1-10 based on your driving experiences in both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Well people I have conversed with @ M. Have driven the car against its Audi and Mercedes-Benz competitors. I have driven the Audi RS5 and there is nothing behind the wheel , its completely numb.
The benchmark was of course the E92 because there is a car that does everything expected of it. But they have also benchmarked the Porsche 911 in certain areas. But the focus for M is the reduction of weight in the standard car , which is significant for this segment. There is performance of course its an M. But again with an M you have to offer that perfect balance of driving communication , precision and performance. And the M4 is that car.

The thing you have to look at overall is that if the standard car has a significant weight reduction... For future performance models , again M4 will adopt the 911 model in further models increasing performance and losing weight through further variants. How light can they go...
BMW now have the means to do so and that is certainly something that stands as it has since 2003 above the competition when BMW M took the expensive risk and implemented CFRP with the M3 CSL.

And the BMWi investment in mass volume CFRP shows that M cars and of course BMWs can have a light and very interesting future.
One of our competitors has told the German media or admitted that they are a few years from a mass produced CFRP bodied volume car like the BMW i3 and BMW i8 and now look where BMW is in this field of innovation.

When you look at the M4 its possibilities and potential all comes back to the BMW i3.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 08-15-2013 at 03:11 AM..
Appreciate 0