06-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #84
TomTom///M
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M / Ferrari 458 Speciale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
I don't have time to get technical, but speed bumps are not a good way to evaluate the difference between the different adaptive suspension settings. The difference between the modes will not show up as clearly on a speed bump as it would over uneven pavement, large dips/swells, or fast cornering transitions.
You're probably right, but I never said it was the right way of assessing the difference between the dampers, did I? For me, only the speed bumps matter, the vast majority of the roads here are smooth as silk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas///M View Post
When did you order it and what number were you on your bmw dealer list?
I expressed my interest to my sales person more than 12 months ago and made a down-payment end of last year, if I recall. What number I was on the list I don't know, but it is their first customer car that is delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Let us know when you hit up Yas Marina. Would be great to see how it performs on that track. I especially would like to know what the top speed is on the long straight. When I drove a Aston Martin GT4 there I was doing about ~280kph/170mph.
I doubt I'll take it to Yas, ever. I'll use the Speciale for that. I'm not a track animal, I prefer our empty mountain roads over race-tracks (especially because I find Yas rather boring), but here's an exception:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thai357sig View Post
You ordered adaptive suspension and carbon brakes but it was delivered without! ?!
Why in the world did you take delivery of it?

They must of really sweetened the deal for you at delivery then? I would not of accepted it unless perhaps it was a lease and BMW gave it away.
I ordered adaptive suspension, not carbon brakes. The suspension wasn't on the car, allegedly because it was the first series (2 cars) of deliveries to my dealer with specs that weren't fully adjustable. I accepted it (with a sweetener) because I had sold my wife's car at the end of April, when the original delivery should have taken place. With that delayed by BMW, they gave me a new X6 50i loaner in the meantime. However, if I would have ordered a new one, it would take 3 months and they did not want to let me keep the loaner for that time. And the the suspension difference (over the bumps only) wasn't worth the wait, hassle and extra cost (2,750k USD over here).