07-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #12
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver37 View Post
I guess it all depends on driver seating position. Typically when I drive my left arm is out the window or on the window frame. Never really rest my arm on the arm rest.

I had an e46 and the leather cracked on the center arm rest. Which made for an unsightly look. As far as center console contents I have a small pack of tissue, a few business cards and a few pens. All which could be relocated to the glove box.

Those points could be valid to some. Mute points to others. We can all agree it will be a phenomenal vehicle.
And I, for one, cannot rest my arm on the window frame as it is uncomfortable to me even in several different BMWs. On long journeys, I rest my arms on both the arm rests (the sliding centre one is genius) so I can see why the CS/GTS could be uncomfortable to some.

I've had a look in ETK and if the numbers are true, the weight savings are minimal. Think the standard stereo actually saves some weight compared to Harman Kardon. What would save even more weight are manual seats... Yet, I have seen only memory seats in CS press cars.
Appreciate 0