Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
+1

I still can't get over the 4 series name. BMW are making the 4 series name just so they can charge more for it. What was the need to separate the 3 series saloon/coupe into different brands? It has always worked well and 4 is such a crap number! M4 coupe? No thanks. M3 is a great name.

Last time I checked they already charge more for 2 fewer doors.

While I agree that changing things is controversial, maybe as the world gets dumber they need to distinguish odd numbers with 4 doors and even numbers with 2 doors?

We have seen the 3 series move from sedans and coupes that look a like just sans 2 doors, evolve into the e9Xs where the vehicles look distinctly different especially from the sides and rear ends.

Maybe this just means that they will now make more clear design changes between the coupes and sedans.

Regardless of where they're going, BMW has been making the right moves for quite some time now and I'm going to trust that these are moves in the right direction.

The best news thus far is that the M3 sedan will live on. This will only make my decision between M3 & M5 even more difficult.
Appreciate 0