View Single Post
      08-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #161
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

If BMW is so trying to improve their fleet average, why don't we get cars like 120d, 320d? It is all marketing bullshit. Going turbo, using same/similar engine with different size turbos are cheaper, and that's the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Fair enough, but since when does legislation on emissions and mpg mean you have to build a FWD or a V6 to meet those standards?

Also, you guys sell plenty of cars that you can use to get fleet averages up without neutering the ///M line. BMW sells FI as the only solution to address building a car with power and low emissions/higher mpg.......but Porsche seems to achieve things with their 911s that says otherwise. Perhaps FI does not belong in a 3 or 1 series ///M variant......I doubt that the genius that is the ///M division could not come up with a solution. This is where cost cutting comes in. BMW is making record profits, yet FI is the lazy option to me.

Hey, if you build a FI car that revs to 8k with the throttle response of the S65 or S54, I will buy her. You build a car that revs to 7k or so without that throttle response, I won't, because I had one of those already. Claiming a car is high-revving because its high revving for a FI engine, doesn't make it a high-revving engine.

Either way, I do appreciate you posting and do look forward to seeing the F3x, and won't pass final judgement till I driver her

Cheers,
e46e92