08-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #67
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
I agree with you, love the overall look of the F30/F80. It is much more modern and less fussy to me, even the new headlights and kidneys look good but they are a departure from the norm so they may not be for everyone. I do think if the F80 carries the chrome kidneys over it will be a shame, I think gun metal or something like that Ferric Grey they have been throwing around would look sportier/meaner.

The F80 will have some serious haunches it appears and will be more aggressive than the previous E90M3 in that regard. Love the whole thing and glad M is sticking with the four door 3er.
If the worst thing that happens is we get chrome kidneys on the F80 as stock equipment, I think we'll be OK

The F30 almost seems like it was designed with the F80 in mind, i.e. the F80 will be the most perfect proportions for the chassis itself. Sometimes I think the E90 M3 (and a slight bit of the E92 M3) just look a bit too much like swollen/overweight versions of the base series.

And I can't get the interior of the F3x series out of my head! The "openness" of the dash compared to my E92 w/Nav is fantastic. The cameras all around are a pure win, not to mention the HUD....the tech on these cars is a geek's dream. Go ahead and bash me for not pushing back on just how far BMWs have come from their "pureness". I am in the car running errands or hauling my family around 90%+ of the time, I enjoy the comfort. These are $70K cars after all, not track-spec Miatas.
Appreciate 0