View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #22
Soliris
Rep
Drives: Ferrari California

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Thanks for sharing! There were many complaints of excessive road noise from the initial reviews. Seems like you got some time at high speed on the road, what's your impression, is there unusual loud and tiring road noise compared to earlier M3s or is it just more than from the current non M cars and luxo cruisers as the M5 etc?
Well it is maybe a little bit louder inside an M3/M4 than it is an an M5/M6.
But i think less noise than in an M135i. M3 will be my first full M car, so i can not compare to old models. It is a lot more quiet and comfortable than any Porsche (911, Boxster) or an Audi R8.

I could easily drive 1000 km in a day. For me, i would appreciate more noise actually...

On the first few kilometres i was actually slightly disappointed, because the car felt just like a 3 series. The comfort settings are not for me, and i ended up putting everything into Sport+ Setting, and left it there. This is the way to get this car alive. Even that felt a lot more comfortable, than a Porsche Boxster for example.

In the end, i think every review so far is true in certain concerns. It is superfast, and in the sport settings i had no issues about throttle Response. Everything instant.
On the other hand, i expected a little bit more "grunt". The car does everything in a quite "engineered" way. If you take a Mc Laren MP4 and compare it to a 458 Italia,
the M3 is more Mc Laren. I don't know how to explain it better. This car in the right Hands will be mindblowing fast. But a little bit "aseptic" aswell.

But then you have torque and torque and then... more torque. From any speed you accelerate, you will reach 250 quite fast. On the Autobahn the car felt more powerful than i remember my Audi R8 V8. A lot more...

Last edited by Soliris; 06-09-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0