07-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #133
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Your obvious misunderstanding of lag continues, lag is a DYNAMIC concept which has very little to nothing to do with a dyno gathered torque curve and almost for sure can not be "observed" in your M6 video. In addition, I care about an engines peak hp much more than it's torque curve. Yes a broad flat torque curve is desirable but so is a high redline a lack of drastically falling torque approaching redline.
Me too, but that is not a turbo trait, you can have peak torque at redline on a turbo engine.

Quote:
We do not yet know the new engines displacement, but if you call 3.0-3.3 liters large, OK. The latter idea sounds great, go with a design to assuredly have more lag, which BMW, like many F1 teams, are going to great lengths to reduce or eliminate.
Well 3 liters and turbo with a goal of 450hp is not pushing the boat out is it? I would be impressed if BMW went 2.2-2.4 4 pot for that power.

Heck Mitsubishi Ralliart produced the EVO FQ-400 (405hp, 407ft.lb) about a decade ago, no direct injection, no modern turbo system, from 1997cc. 150bhp/turbo charged litre is more than a little disappointing.

Quote:
Wait, I thought journalists know nothing about cars. OK, as long as they help promote your position they can be quoted and have a valid point, but when they have a contrasting opinion they then "know nothing".

Ugh.

Last edited by NISFAN; 07-03-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0