07-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #142
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
NISFAN: There is no point to continue this discussion. You can keep on denying what every auto engineer responsible for engine design agrees on. I would suggest you read the TopGear Supercar issue on sale now. Especially the stort about the Ferrari F12 and what the engine department guys sau about the difference between a NA engine and a Turbo engine when it comes to response! And the calculations mentioned there... Your view on this clearly differs from their view and facts... Not to mention Renault F1 engineers!

Use your own definitions and understanding by all means, I prefer to agree with actual engine designers and how everyone else understands this subject.
I have not disagreed with the concept, what I have disagreed with is the 'size of the issue'.

Regarding Ferrari, I would not take any notice of their stance of Turbo engines. They tried very hard to convince the FIA NOT TO GO TURBO, due to the sound of the engine. They got Bernie and Jean Todt to come and listen to 'one we made earlier'. They make money selling cars that sound good, and they are obliged to fit similar tech engines into their road cars. They fear what this will do to sales, not to mention the chance that they might be caught out again like their turbo engines were in the 80's.
Appreciate 0