02-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #86
kueks29
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
Are you sure that the E92/93 M3 would be produced until June 2013, and the production not already ends in the late summer of 2012 with the just for 2012 announced E92 with CFT package as a last-made copies of these M-Series ... as it was the case for the E90 CRT last year.

I ask because the M-GmbH is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year ... on the M-Power Festival in May as part of the 24 hour race at the Nurburgring!

What would be an appropriate birthday gift that would be worthy of this special round birthday ... The two M6s - I do not think so, they will be presented in March 2012 in Geneva ... the E92 M3 with CRT package - not special enough, and an outgoing model -> not worthy enough ... what would be left then?
An M1 successor - it is not known whether this car is real ... it would only be the new super light, super fast and extremely innovative F80 with the all-new and groundbreaking V6 BiTurbo, a vehicle of which already highly developed prototypes are on the way / in the public and that comes before 2013 at the latest on the market.

So what the gift of the M-GmbH for the 40th anniversary will be ???

Greets Uli_HH
Many questions and I'll try to answer them!

Release date F80
The E90 came as a sedan on the market in March 2005, the coupe followed in September 2006. Well 18 months later.
It was also at LCI! The E90 LCI was published in September 2008 and the Coupe followed in March 2010. So again 18 months later.

Since the F30 now had its official launch in February 2012, the logical date would be August 2013 for the F32 ... and there are BMW factory vacations there, he will come either shortly before or shortly after officially on sale.

In addition, the M5 has just been released, as is the M6 ​​Coupe and Convertible X5M and X6M ready and have a facelift. BMW will introduce this respect certainly not another series in 2012.
And ultimately evolving the E92/93 still running until the summer of 2013 and is also known as M3 by then continue vekauft!
What do you mean what would happen if the new V6 already offered in the sedan and coupe and convertible are the "old" V8? Then jump onto the roof where the customer and do not sell "old" M3 more

Highlight the 40th
So yes the coupe has a long history and there was always at the end of a special series model, which gave a view of the next M3 is a bit more freely ...
It was the last E46 CSL, has ever showed the carbon roof ...

I am therefore rather assume that it is certainly a special edition for the 40th Birthday will be.
which it will be but I do not exist!

But there is another possible scenario!
According to rumors it could actually happen, that the M3 (F80), but before that comes. There are the following rumors:
a) together with the presentation of touring this fall!
b.) in time for summer, so sometime in February 2013

For this purpose it is necessary for the E92/E93 M3 is set prematurely. Quite as far-fetched the last scenario seems not quite!
For just as you would highlight in the spring of the M3 F80, F32 in the summer and then maybe the fall of the F82.
Would have to attract sufficient incentives to the customer at regular intervals into the car dealership
Appreciate 0