Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
is every bit as sporty as just about any other sports car on the road. There are, indeed, different tiers under the sports car category
You just counterargued yourself here.

My $.02.

F80/2 is top class in terms of chassis rigidity, durability (e.g. cooling perf), weight, and trans (DCT only) --> amongst its competitors.

RS4 is an awd pig. Albeit a nice one.

C63S is also a 2-ton+ porker with a not so great transmission.

Alfa GG also heavier with a not so great trans.

Once you get into fix-figs (i.e. any gen GT3), you know instantaneously the moment you grip the wheel that you are sitting a vehicle worlds apart from the overachieving commuter sedan based M.

IMHO, anything that exceeds ~3,200lbs is really tough to call a sports car.
Not really! Performance sedan/coupe or sports car is all the same. The only point that I was making is that the ///M is still a sports car despite people mandating the number of doors or adding a convertible top to qualify it. A sports/sporty car is a wide and vast category of car. There really isn't a finite set of rules about what makes a sports car.

P.S. A current model GT3 RS weighs nearly 3200 lbs (...less than 50 lbs. shy). Is it not a sports car then?
We can agree to disagree. If my m4 is a sports car then I don't want a sports car.

So 3150 is < ~3200 right? Forum people smh lmao.
Now you're being pedantic if 50 lbs. (...a full tank of gas) makes that much difference for your argument. So if I add some extra options to my GT3 to up it 50 lbs., is it no longer a sports car? You nullify your own argument by waxing poetic about a GT3 when even that car doesn't meet your weight criteria.

P.S. A Ferrari Itália is over 3400 lbs. A Lamborghini Huracan is over 3400 lbs. The McLaren P1 is over 3400 lbs. I could go on, but most already get the point. Your argument stands on pillars made of cigar paper.

<Forum people! SMH! >
Appreciate 0