11-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #12
Ben Overlake
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radartrap View Post
My '15 F82 M4 coupe with DCT has ~7,500 miles. Three concerns:

1. When starting from cold (overnight or longer, any weather), there's a lag of 1 to 1.5 seconds to get the car moving forward or backward in D or R. If I give it more than a little gas, it lurches. Problem disappears within a mile of driving.
With my '18 M3, I don't notice as long of a lag as I just give it a light touch on throttle and I can feel the clutch engaging moving it forward. But sounds normal.

Quote:
2. When driving in D, transmission sometimes clunks when it shifts down approaching a traffic light.
That's the cost of running a dual clutch v. traditional auto.

Quote:
3. When driving in full automatic mode, I'll occasionally hear engine revving. Cause: transmission has gone into the manual shift mode--display on tach shows the gear I'm in, not "D." This happens randomly but not infrequently. I'm certain I haven't accidentally touched the paddle shifters or the console shift lever.
Same as #2. There's a reason why Lexus and Cadillac engineers choose a traditional fast shifting but less responsive in manual mode TC auto - it's more refined for everyday. Just enjoy the ride.
Appreciate 0