06-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #21
SoN][c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 BAT View Post
I put my order in late May/early June and thought I was taking delivery at the end of July. When I phoned up BMW Canada to track status, they said your order was accepted and isn't scheduled for production until late August!! WTF!!!

They said: 1 week to build the car, 2-3 weeks to ship. That means I don't get my car until mid-late Sept!!!! Needless to say I called my dealer asking what could be done...hoping I can get something sooner!!!

I ordered an AY with exec / premium package, EDC, Carbon Ceramics etc.
If I could get one earlier I would forget the Carbon brakes.
Its the carbon ceramic brakes. The only reason I got a week 26 production date (I ordered the car at the beginning of June) is because someone abandoned their week 26 slot due to carbon ceramic brakes only starting production in September (and they wanted to wait for the CCB). I believe the factory is closed for most of August... so from what I understand the earliest you can get carbon ceramic brake cars delivered in Canada is into October (Sept production, oct delivery).... hope my info is wrong, but thats what I was told when I got the cancelled slot. My car just completed production today (i'm in toronto), so I'll let you know how long it takes to arrive to give you a rough gauge. Which dealership did you order from?
2000 Silver Honda Prelude (sold)
Appreciate 0