View Single Post
      07-23-2016, 11:50 PM   #37
shaftwhy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I always do cool down laps and always get uneven deposit. The stock pads are "horrible" in my experience. There is one time I didn't get uneven deposit on track, but somehow got uneven deposit on the way home. I eventually decided to get racing pads, just for peach of mind.

Once I switched to the racing pads, I immediately feel I may never go back. The new pads are so much better even on the street (don't know about winter though), so much more confidence inspiring. I am so looking forward to next track day and hope the uneven deposit would go away with racing pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve-slow View Post
Are the people with warped rotors and un-even pad deposits doing "cool down" laps or times before shutting the car down?

I am taking my M3 to the track in a couple weeks in stock form and am a little worried about the stock steel system. Mostly stock pads really.

I havn't been on the track for about 4-5 years now. All my track events were with my EVO's (8,9 &10) and always had some healthy brake upgrades. Even with track pads, steel lines, SRF, guides, ti shims etc....... I always had issues including fade and boiling fluid.

I think I really need to "ease" in to the new car and feel things out.

Any braking tips from the experienced? Thanks.
Appreciate 0