View Single Post
      05-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
There is quite a difference between a race car and a car with coil overs and sway bars. Did you ever see the behind the scenes development that racing teams do???

P.S. Yes I have modified the suspension in many of my previous cars and I can tell you the result was not always better. I will agree that there is room the M3 for improvement but that improvement is not as simple as buying a set of coil overs and sway bars. Improvement comes from hours and hours of testing, adjustments/changes (to alignment specs and parts), more testing and so on and so fourth.
Did I say install it in your garage by yourself and align it with some strings? No. Ofcourse a proper suspension takes fine tuning. Same can be said for engines. You don't just drop in an SC and off you go, you need tuning + softwares.

No a lot of you defend the M3. So do I. I drive one and love it. But the OP stated he was happy with his 335s power and wanted to know if it can handle like an M3. Now, obviously 335 has shortcomings of an M3, but he can get mods and be close to, if not better. Now that doesn't mean a 335 is better than an M3. M3 can get after market products too. Stop trying to make this a M3>335 thread. All I stated was hey, if you ilke your 335 and you like your power but want good handling (similar to that of an m3) you can start with KW coils + sway bars + wheels and tires. Fuk, he can get get $10,000 motons and get it properly dialed in and tear up an M3 handling wise.

Last edited by StylePoints; 05-14-2012 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0