04-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
I'll hold off judgement until we see how capable the MLB platform is mated with a lighter engine. There's no denying that the M3 has much better balance, but the torque vectoring capabilities on the new Audi e-quattro should narrow the margin. The rear diff already does a great job of counteracting understeer in all B8 models that carry it.

I'm hoping to be living in a warmer climate where AWD isn't "as necessary", so should be a great fight for my $$$.
I agree...the torque vectoring is great however it does still understeer more than I'd like; still the sports diff does give you more RWD-like characteristics. I love the awd in bad weather however this winter was pretty tame so I didn't get to enjoy its full potential. I'm loving the F80 so far and have been watching the news releases like a hawk. The reason I like the B8 RS5 is because the engine is a screamer V8 like the current M3. The interior is pretty much exactly the same as my S4 so no difference there. If both are going back to 6's next go-around, I'll most likely go with the M.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0