Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0o0fy View Post
I totally agree, that's terrible. The overlay is ugly, laggy and almost useless with such a low update rate. I was trying to meet the previous poster that it has been done in an integrated way before by a manufacturer. I however have issues with that kind of implementation. In addition to the point that you raised about the lack of versatility you are also tied to the car's system and you rely on the manufacturer to update it. And we know they are generally not that great at moving forward especially old MY (I think MY 2011 E9x owners will agree on that one!). A decoupled approached with a tech company controlling the software seems to make more sense and will have a bit more interest in keeping things fresh and up to date.
I'm 100% with you.

The support you'll get from GoPro will be unmatched to that of a car manufacturer. One manufacturer cares to sell a car while another cares to sell a camera. Who would you rather take a camera from?
Hence why BMW went with the best in the business instead of coming up with their own.