View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #78
caneaddict
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by needabeemer View Post
i hear you, but the point is that i dont want to spend 60k+ on a 435i only to see that its been outdated/outdone literally 3 months later

the m4 will probably look a lot better and make me say "damn, i wish my car had that" ...it will inevitably happen to every car we choose, but at least let us enjoy our basic 4's for longer than 3 ******* months

the 5 and 6 series owners didnt see the M5/M6 for like 2+ years and got to enjoy their cars for a long time. if i buy a brand new 4 series ill enjoy it and then get teased by the M4's superior looks/tech just a few months later. and im not even talking about the performance yet. the performance is something i probably wouldnt even need but the looks/tech alone will ruin the joy of owning a "basic" 4 series and make me regret my purchase. suppose this car has a much more aggressive air breather side vent, or the LED headlights from the concept, or something along those lines?

sorry but thats a deal breaker to me, i just changed my mind about getting a 4 series over that. and now i will probably have to switch to another brand all together since im not waiting til late 2014 for a car. bmw does not know how to make their customers feel special at all.
No offense, but that is some pretty suspect logic. Every model of every manufacturer has multiple levels Audi (A, S, RS) etc. BMW isn't hiding anything, everyone knows what the variations are, choose what you can afford or value. Everyone that buys a non-M car knows there is something more appealing at a higher price. There are people that want a 7 series but can only afford a 128i - should BMW help those people feel special by canceling the rest of the lineup?

If you don't want to spend $60k on a 435 and end up jealous of the M4 then spend $85k on an M4.

Last edited by caneaddict; 07-19-2013 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0