Thread: I miss my E92
View Single Post
      05-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #119
Kung Fu English
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP MG/SO

I had an e92 for 3 years. DCT. I did love it. But it became kind of mundane to me on daily driving. Sure spirited roads were fun, gunning it around at 6k rpms constantly, but that was pretty rare. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to track it though, but did autocross it.

I have an F80 how. I like it a lot more than I ever did my e92.

I don't feel the steering is much worse, if at all. I think it sounds better. The e92 on stock exhaust was so quiet, even if it sounded good (it did) you couldn't hear it, especially with a helmet on. The F80 sounds different, but not worse. And if you are comparing the F80 stock sound to an aftermarket e92 sound, shame. And looking back, the e92 is super dated in appearance. Very bubbly appearing and especially with the chrome grills etc. The F80 is better.

But all the interior refinements, daily driver stuff is far away better in the F80. Rear seat space, front seat space, lighter weight. Everything is nicer.

If you are looking for a no compromise race car for the track, neither of these are good choices. So if you are compromising for DD ability, the improvements in this area cannot be understated when considering a car. Saying things like "it's a sports car, all that other stuff doesn't matter, derp derp" is missing the point. The interior improvements, etc do matter.

And I agree with the poster that said the F80 didn't lose it's soul, you just have to work harder to find it. Slower cars are easier to drive at the limit on the street and feel more full of soul because you are revving it out constantly. The F80 does lose in this regard. But when you push it, yea it's pretty great.

If this is the most important thing why aren't people recommending the BRZ or Fiesta ST?
Appreciate 0