10-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #22
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Isn't this more of an issue when someone just walks in off the lot and says they want that? If you have a dealership you have worked with in the past and they say, you won't have any markups, but you will have to pay MSRP, would that be acceptable to you?

That's my scenario and for me I am fine with that. I see my situation different than a new Mustang Cobra or Vette' stingray with a huge "market adjustment" on it as someone had mentioned. I also don't like to throw money away (who does?), but paying MSRP and getting the vehicle I want seems to be a good compromise for me. You could always wait, but then it will be whatever is new or coming down the line to counter whatever is already out. Something tells me we will be talking about the new AMG twin turbo V8 C class or something. Never ending cycle.
I have a stellar relationship with my dealer/Sales Director/Sales Manager (..10 BMW's purchased in 13 years....yes, I've run through that many BMW's in that short period of time, with 5 of those purchases being M3's. Hell, I purchased two in the last 5 months!!!!!!), but when allocations are small (..sayyyy, 1 or 2 for the store) and the product is red hot, you're not going to escape without a mark-up. Paying MSRP on the first M3's that arrive here would be a steal (..and I'd gladly go for that), but it is highly unlikely for a dealership in California to agree to that because they know that there are people willing to buy above MSRP. It has been like that with EVERY M car including the XM trucks, and it'll be the same with the F80.

And let me be clear....

...I'm not choosing to wait because I'm waiting for the next best thing. I just don't want to pay more than the car is actually worth.
Appreciate 0