View Single Post
      09-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #20
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
The M3 is for sure the more raw and exciting car. However, cross shopping the two is just not ideal. I mean, the S3/S4 isn't meant to be a track bitch, it's meant to be a fun, comfortable, and capable daily.

Plus for $370 you can buy a plug-n-play JB1 piggyback that makes the car run low 12s @110-114, all else being stock. The FWD biased Haldex is actually quite good. The handling is great and I love the steering. Fun car, but doesn't hold a candle to the F80/82.
The new EA888 engines are absolutely incredible. They are so easily tuned and smooth. I am not a fan of 4 cylinder turbo cars but I really like them.

^^^ For some reason people like to sometimes compare the S4 to the M3. I think part of the reason is that a lot of people just look at 0-60 times without understanding how shallow that number is, and how little it tells you about a cars overall performance. I've had to remind several people in real life that the S4 and M3 are not competitors, there is definitely confusion here amongst casual car people.
Appreciate 1
doberzus678.50