07-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #74
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
The dome on the hood of the E9x M3 was there in order to clear the engine. If it is not needed to clear the engine on the new car, why have it?
it will def be puss without it. what would make it look cool? flared fenders that you don't notice unless you know about it or it's standing next to a base 3 and quad exhaust? not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtose92 View Post
Because it is an M3 trademark. The E36 didn't have it, and that was the generation where it looked most similar to the base 3er. Regardless of the engine and the "clearance" issues, I hope that they keep the power dome on the new m3/m4. It just makes the front end look that much more menacing when its coming down the road.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
Yes, you are right when you said that the dome was used to clear the engine on the e90/e92/e93 ///M models. However on the new twin turbo engine, I really think some guys wanted a dome/bulge on the hood for aesthetic purposes. Without that dome/bulge, the new M3 does not stand out any longer since it's sharing the same hood as the the F30 3-series.

It would really suck if the hood on the F30/F32 3-series is interchangeable with the new ///M3.
+1