View Single Post
      10-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #14
Demxsr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja_Vu View Post
God that's really pretty. How difficult is it for someone who's never done a wrap? I know it's time consuming but is it actually hard to make it look good?
if you're doing it by yourself it takes forever. I'd say having an extra set of hands cuts the time by at least 75%. For instance the front bumper took me 19 hours to do. However, I made the mistake of wanting to do it in 1 piece and also doing it on my dining table, when I should have re-mounted it. I was having to use my legs to hold the bumper in place while I tried to manipulate the vinyl. I had a friend help on a few panels, and it cuts the time down immensely.

for the most part 95% of the surface area is easy to do. The edge work took me around the same time as it took laying a panel. I had to keep in mind that there is diminishing returns with the time you put into it. You get to the point where you are tucking the wrap into a place that can't really be seeing. So you need to decide if having a little crease there is going to bother you, or if you want to spend the extra time making those areas perfect.
Appreciate 0