View Single Post
      12-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

OMG, This Is A Big Car!

I have new appreciation for what BMW has achieved with the F8x. I finally brought the car home, and first time it is sitting in an environment I am familiar. Next to our 645 it is bigger and nearly same length, I always considered the 645 a whale of a car. Given its size I think BMW did a fantastic job keeping its weight where it is frankly, I am very impressed. I hadn't realized how large this car actually is.

Also, this was the first time I had an extended drive, a lot of Friday rush hour traffic, and my first impression of the DCT is that it is really faultless. It works smoothly, behaves like a manual even in auto mode, picks the right gears, and worked synergistically with my right foot. If I were to nit pick I'd say the paddles are too far retracted inwards in comparison to the steering wheel, although I have to admit I have smallish hands. I also loved the throttle response and the overall reaction of the chassis when I had some open road.

In short, my first drive with the M4 was as good as I was hoping it would be. First time I am also part of the M club and happy to be, I see the light, I see the light!

Last edited by FTS; 12-20-2014 at 12:38 AM..
Appreciate 2