12-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #19
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Same size as E39 M5 with more power and 500 pounds less. Definitely a lot to like.
I have to admit, you are right. Just had couple of short drives today, and there is a lot to like. Obviously I won't go through all those things as so many others covered already, but this is one darn good car.

My son and wife also liked the car a lot, which is comforting. My son was so a timid driving it that I don't think he has enjoyed it yet. We'll fix that tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplee View Post
Exactly the comparison I keep making. It was just the perfect car at the perfect time for me. I keep saying it's in the Goldie Locks zone on every parameter, not too much or too little of anything: size, weight, styling, power, etc. Everything is just right, and it came around just as I was ready to buy myself a 4 door sedan that had it all.
I always loved the design, stance and posture of the E39 series. Today at the parking lot a 540 owner came over to talk with me, and we talked about his car more than mine Congrats on yours as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by cah1708 View Post
I traded in a 2014 Cayman S for my M4. I was worried that the M4 would feel like driving a tank, but it really doesn't "feel" any bigger than the Porsche. I am very pleasantly surprised.
I have to say, you made the right choice I think. I truly think this is a better car and better value. Driving it does not feel as big, but sitting in the garage it is humongous. My wife never said anything about taking my Porsches to the track, she told me today that this is too nice of a car to track and I should go back to a Porsche in addition to the M4 for track purposes I don't know if I am just lucky or at the verge of bankruptcy

So the family finally named it: Lenny. Think Shark Tale

Last edited by FTS; 12-28-2014 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0