View Single Post
      07-02-2021, 03:03 PM   #4
petar7408
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

1. is this a bad idea ? Yes and No.. No because its good to have a manual, its fun and etc... Bad because its an expensive car to learn on. Do-able yes if you are a quick learner. DO NOT SIT AT LIGHTS in 1st and keep the clutch pressed in, always bump it to N and use brakes to get to the stopped position and then go to 1st when needed.

2. Approximately, how much would a new clutch cost? I dont know about these cars, I remember seeing you have to change the flywheel too, maybe just on the 2015s? I dont know but I'd guess 2-3000

3. what is the Rev Matching feature in the M3? It blips the gas so its more smooth gear change, but I have a DCT for this car so I haven't seen it for this car

The m3 comes with extended warranty, which is great if mess something up, but clutch is not covered from my understand. Usually correct, clutch is wear and tear like brakes

I owned an 16 M4 DCT and it was great, then I jumped into 09 911 Carrera S PDK. If you have the 911, dont buy another M3 and just keep the 911

4. how different the drive will be in an M3 competition than what I previously owned? ...

5. Are the competition seats comfortable? or any different from the m4 seats? All racing seats are nice, dont be a woman lol

lastly, any tips or tricks to try in the manual? Rent a car first would be good so you know how it works and if you even really want it

your feedback is appreciated.

thank you[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0