GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post

For what we pay, especially the $5.5k+ customers, I'd expect some consistency for those buyers. The fact it's not one or two done differently, it's across the board inconsistency - sometimes they're matched underhood, sometimes they're cleared - certainly no acknowledgement that there will be any deviation to the ordering party.
Seems to me you ordered exterior color [blah], and you got it. I ordered moonstone and Tanz and that's what I got. I didn't order any underhood options and it sounds like you didn't either, so it's not reasonable to expect something BMW didn't promise to provide.

If you haven't been to the factory you should go, but in the meantime watch the official online videos of the assembly from beginning to end - watching the whole thing is important IMO because building these cars is really fucking complicated and the robotics is batshit. They go from flat blank metal (or CF) to a fully functional car in one automated line. The $5,000 is paying for disrupting that enormous feat of engineering. Once I saw it live, $5k seems pretty fucking cheap, but just my opinion of course.

As for the engine bay, the hood is not cleared, but the bay is the same color / process as every other engine bay. I just watched a bunch of them come down the line and they're all the same.

I'll go check my moonstone ... I've never actually opened the hood!
Appreciate 0