View Single Post
      10-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #7
Jeromakazi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Onboard Bess

Zurich

All the things people say about Zurich in this forum is true, it’s expensive, expensive, and expensive. We spent an hour circling the city trying to get to our Hotel. Perfect timing for the USB Navi to crash. Only 3-4 cars were able to cross on each green light which made me wonder why I chose to get a manual. Well at least the chocolate here was as good as advertised.

Fussen

The drive from Zurich to Fussen took about 2 hours. I couldn’t wait to get back on the on the Autobahn. We got to Caste Neuschwanstein at around 2:30 pm. There was barely a line at the ticket office, most likely due to being a weekday. We got the second to the last English tour at 4:45. We were gonna grab a quick lunch but the lady at the counter suggested to take the bus right away. The bus runs every 20 or so minutes, which on a busy day could take hours. It is possible to walk up to the castle, but we were lazy. We killed time eating at the foot of the castle, 5 Euros for a burger and a soda was a great deal. Enjoy the pics.

We stayed at Hotel Richti in Fussen. This was the first time we stayed at the local inn instead of one of the major hotel chains. The hotel is about 15 mins from the castle and about 5 mins from downtown Fussen. There were a lot of tourist in Fussen, so we decided to eat in. The lady who checked us in was also our waitress, this was no Marriot/Hilton but we weren’t complaining.

Last edited by Jeromakazi; 11-08-2015 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0