View Single Post
      05-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
boarchicken
Private
Rep
Drives: currently g35 2008 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
Yes Euro delivery is done through dealer, but there is no "competiton" or "premium war" of getting the car.

If you buy off MSRP here in the States, yea people fight for the available cars in the lot + dealer would obviously provide vehicles to those who pay the most premium on top of MSRP.

With that said, US dealers could work around lot availability + money over msrp to get the most out of each vehicle.
Yet they can't play around with Euro delivery price, which is strictly done through Euro invoice price + all options are ordered with invoice price as well. What they can ask is $500~1500 over the invoice price which the dealer gets for processing the Euro delivery.

Here is a realistic example of current M3 with real options added
2012 M3 Coupe well equipped

US MSRP: 68000 -> Sticker you will see on the car
US Invoice: 62100 -> Price you want to get close before purchase, but hard especially in M3 situation

Euro Delivery MSRP: 63000
Euro Delivery Invoice: 58000 -> Price you will pay + some 500~1500 over the invoice the dealer asks for.

Even with 1500 over invoice, it's still almost 9000 cheaper than US MSRP sticker price you have to fight to lower.

Again, this is just @ the perspective of car buying. If you do ED, you have to pay at least $1000 for air fare and travel $$...Which i believe is 150% worth the way we should get the M3.

Dude I agree with you 1000%. I just had no idea European delivery was that cheap. I always dreamt of getting a brand new m3 straight from the factory. Seems like a definite possibility now with the up coming f80 m3/m4

My only concern is how much would it cost to bring the car back with you to the states? And how long would it take? The car would be
Much cheaper but it seems like it will end up costing you more cause of airfare and shipping it to the states (export costs/taxes)
Appreciate 0