03-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
The GTS is just less special than the CRT. The GTS is nothing else than a stripped down M3, with roll-cage (that any raceteam could build in), engine kit (Noelle Motors has an even more powerful one that brings it to 4.6l), KW Clubsport coilovers, titanium exhaust system (Akrapovic is even better), Brembo big brake kit, Recaro Pole Position seats. In fact you can get all this through aftermarket, and even more, it just will not be OEM badged. The M3 CRT on the other hand, fulfills the same performance but with added infotainement, thanks to special CF lighweight parts like hood, trunk, seats. Both the M3 CRT and M3 CSL also are 4 seater. The M3 CRT just has more exclusive parts like the M3 CSL.
In other words the M3 CRT has the same performance, has slightly better balance, is more practicle and more exclusive/special than the GTS. I would love the same recipe as the CRT for the Coupé but even more extreme: always 4 seats, but more power, more CF so less weight and more agressive exterior. For me a "GTS" would be more interesting if it was smaller and based on the 1 Series M Coupé.

M4 GCSL (GranCoupé Sport Leichtbau F85) would be epic !

Well, that is just my personal opinion.
At the end of the day the GTS is still the lighter (and faster) of the two. If I wanted a daily driver, I would choose the CRT without question. If I wanted the faster car on the track, I would get the more track-focused, less-compromising GTS. And that determining factor is what makes it the more special of the two.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0