View Single Post
      08-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #207
NutsaboutM3
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Apline White

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
No legacy is killed. The M3 still exists, with 4 doors.

M5 / M6 : I don't hear M6 owners complaining that 'M6 has killed the legacy of the M5'
Because that M6 is not derived from M5!!!

To me this is not only killing the M3 legacy, it kills the whole 3er’s legacy. The 3er is one of the most popular and comprehensive series within BMW and even the industry. For my own case, it meets my needs and prides at different stage of my life. When I was young and cannot afford a M3, I got myself a lower end 3 coupe. Later on, when I have family, I had a 3 series Sedan and now when my son is bigger, I convince my family so I can get a M3 Coupe. If I have small kid again, I can move back to M3 Sedan…

That’s how BMW to keep loyal customers. Some of you argued that new customers are more important than us as a small group of enthusiast but not all the new customer can jump into M3/M4 immediately, they will move up different 3er models like me.

Most of us do not against a 4 series and M4 exist, but BMW should not be bound themselves the models/styles by the number system. They should make use of the 4 line to create product that they do not have when compare to competitors (e.g. Audi R8)!!!
Appreciate 0