View Single Post
      07-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #83
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
Are you sure(?) ... according to my informations an N55 based solution would be an first off all cheap solution.
I am not sure of anything other than what is stated in the OP. However, common sense suggests that they are not just going to slap a chip tune on an N55 and call it an "S55".

Quote:
But ... if based on the N55 ... that meens an heavily stroked engine ... couldnīt beleave if that works well on an high pressure and high reving turbo-engine.
I strongly doubt an increase from the N55 stroke of 89.6mm. There is still the possibility of a bore increase, though it may not be likely.

Quote:
I canīt see any "innovative" induction system, that could reduce turbo lag and fits on an long I6 ... only the TriTurbo-System of the N57-S
I suspect the great minds working inside the walls of BMW AG have a number of innovative ideas that none of us would have any inkling of.

Quote:
Isnīt that not the case with every I6 BiTurbo ... 3 cylinders fed 1 Turbo ?
But not with specific cylinders feeding individual scrolls. Think of an S63-style charged-pulse system adapted to an I6. It is but one possibility I threw out. You can bet BMW has plenty of others.
Appreciate 0