View Single Post
      06-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #114
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy335
The jounro's are a bit "damned if they do damned if they don't" at the moment with the M3/4.

Everyone wants comparisons but the fundamental problem is that the M4 is the first new-gen car into its segment. Especially regarding its key global competitiion - Audi and Merc.

So they are either comparing it to older products (e.g. RS5), which of course it beats, or cars from difference market segments (911 etc), which of course it tends to lose to.

The meaningful and crucial reviews for most potential buyers will come when the new C63 and Audi XYZ (and some of the other fringe sedan based GT cars, perhaps Jag, Maser etc) come out.

As for the drifting.....all I see when I see these reviewers doing this ad nauseum is a car and tyres being tortured in order to get around a corner slower than you could without said torture. Makes no sense other than as a silly marketing show-boat.
Amen! Drifting to show a road cars capabilities is pointless. Not the fastest way to take a corner. Juvenile if you ask me.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0