12-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #83
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecarmaster1 View Post
Although exhaust sounds like it might be attached to a typical V6, a did hear a faint sound of the I6 "scream".
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasovan View Post
it undoubtedly is an I6. at 0:54 and on it sounds like the 3.0 csl E9. unmistakeably 6 inline for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
I think the prototype has a V6 in it. The only thing that sounds in-line 6 -ish to me is when the guy gets on it and the car rasps a bit (reminded me of E46 M3). And a V6 can be very raspy so that proves nothing. Rest of the sounds do not remind me of an in-line 6 at all.
You guys crack me up. I would be willing to bet that given a fairly wide range of exhausts (from quiet to performance) you absolutely could not blindly, by ear alone, identify various cylinder counts and configurations. The exhaust is such a larger variable than the configuration.

On an unrelated point - Great post ^ Uli! I completely agree. I would not be fussed at all to find a V6 in the M3. I am, though, more disappointed by the move to FI.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0