05-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #248
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
You lost any ounce of credibility when you are saying a flat ENGINE torque curve is due to gearing??? Just to fill you in, gears are something that are driven and come after the engine and has zero to do with the shape of a dyno curve!!

Gears effect how much of that torque is put to the wheels but that is not something a dyno measures, no would any gearing combination effect the torque curve of an engine.

I stopped reading after that line because clearly you know about the least about cars I could imagine for being someone posting on an m3 thread.
Move on. You have no idea who I am or what I do, love someone with 13 posts calling me out. It was late in Germany and I mistyped.... What I wanted to say was that torque can be remedied with gearing. The torque curve on the S65 is good but weak on paper for values- thanks to the gearing it is much better on pavement. The engine in the CRT/GTS Z4/GT3 is the real revelation though. The S63tü on the other hand is a different situation entirely.

Having recently experienced the P65 first hand- that engine is simply a work of art but what makes it all the more effective is the X-trac.

Last edited by mapezzul; 05-27-2012 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0