Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jFran View Post
Why don't they use the M3???
Because the bean counters want to project the image that somehow the M4 street car is somehow related to the M4 DTM, even though the M4 DTM is pretty much mechanically identical to the M3 DTM of yesteryear, as per DTM regulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I'm glad they don't come on the production car. It's true they illuminate faster and brighter, but I don't find them better looking. They always remind me of a hornets nest (all the holes for the LED's). To me the new "light bar" design like what is on the production car is nicer to look at and doesn't resemble an insect residence.
I disagree. But regardless of subjective aesthetics & you will see with their LCI it will all of a sudden see an "upgrade" to "new & refreshed" LED tail lights. Pre-facelift gets run of the mill lights, "facelift" gets LEDs...BMW has been doing this since the E46.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edev View Post

The M3 is a sedan.
Nowhere does it say that touring cars have to be 2 doors.
Mercedes raced with their C63 sedan prior to the release of the coupe, again to somehow project the image that the coupe is somehow more "race inspired".
The shell that they choose to put over the carbon monocoque chassis has nothing to do with 2 door or 4 door & everything to do with which production car the manufacturer wants it to bear resemblance to in public eye. Performance will be the same. Think RC car, whether you put a shell that looks like a 7-series or a shell that looks like a 2-series on that electric motor underneath will yield that same results. Same applies to DTM.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0