Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matei View Post
Yes, correct, they say that it would not be called M3 if it is bassed on the 4 series. So most problably they will call it M4.
I was saying that is pretty ironic for them to say that the M3 is an icon and after that they change this icon's name just because the coupe is bassed on the 4 series. And then the iconic name M3 will remain on the 3 series four door that was not so much of an M icon. The coupe was.
Ah, but the M4 will be a new icon...
Nope, sorry. Sometimes newer is not better. Sometimes sticking to a heritage is better. I run into people all the time who see my car, and smile, comment on the car and talk about how it is their dream car, right after I tell them it was my dream for 15 years before I finally got this one. My buddy has had ///M5s for years and he never gets that same emotional response from people. All ///Ms are special, but the ///M3 has become iconic like the 911.....what do you think would happen if they came out with a 912?

The name "///M3" has a lot of meaning, stop trying to reinvent it. Sometimes, your marketing guys do not know best.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0