///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Although irrelevant, from his sig, it appears he does.

Two connectors with no ability to data log != access to a vast amount of DME tables, tune customization, and endless calibration possibilities depending on mods and fuel.

Seriously, comparing a JB to a customizable flash tune is like comparing having your dick accidentally brushed by another dude to getting laid by a supermodel.
While I dont disagree a JB4 is primitive compared to a flash tune the results dont lie. JB4 powered cars still own the fastest times out there.

Warranty P other comment is interesting as well. A flashed ECU seems to be a voided warranty now from what people are saying. I've been told flash tune sales have slowed lately due to this.
Ya man. Warranty concerns are the main reason I don't have bootmod on my M4. One thing I miss about the e9x platform was the ease of flash tuning through the OB2 port. I had a PTF Cobb pro tune on my N54 and it was great. This time around I have to either pull the DME myself or pay to have it done which is rather annoying. To Add to the annoyances BMW is now cracking down on "jailbroken" DMEs. Is it worth it? Not sure the risk and hassle of getting my car flagged or worse is worth 50-100hp on a car that is already fast and has traction issues.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50