09-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #344
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
I'm sorry, but I didn't intend to say what people prefer. All I said was that worldwide DEMAND for 1 series M coupes (not the same as a 1M) was not that high. A gazillion would have been an impressive sell-through indeed.

Please don't take my comments as arguing what people prefer. I have no idea what people prefer. For example, I prefer to have an M3 E46, M3 E92, and an M E82 all at the same time, but I choose not to.

What do you prefer, an M E82 or a F30 diesel? It looks like you're in the market for the latter. If you don't want a used car, the E82 is still available in the 135is, which is only 15 horsepowers less than the M E82 and the suspension could be upgraded for a reasonable cost.
No problem, the car buying public are a fickle lot......but I can see why an M3 buyer ISN'T going to buy a 1M, same reason why some M5 buyers would never buy an M3. Doesn't mean one is better than the other......cars need to suit a purpose and a 'little' 1M isn't for everyone. It would be too small and impractical for me, no matter how good a drive it is.
Appreciate 0