10-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #120
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i, F01 750Li, e38 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The Coupe and Cabrio will become more distinctive but you will see a new "Coupe line" example - The BMW Coupe models will all use a distinct bloodline that starts from the 6er.
The seperation between the 3er Sedan and Coupe in the current E92/E93 continues with more individual styling and less 2dr Sedan. Although cancelled out at the last minute, this time It will be called the BMW 4er Coupe.

The Cabrio will retain the outgoing folding Hardtop as the current model is a sales success especially amongst young people in China and other markets.
The US would like a soft-top to make the car less of a Coupe and more of a Cabrio. But BMW are keeping the hardtop as it is instrument to the E93's success.

The 4er Gran Coupe will follow the 6er and be a more exclusive four door 4er Coupe.
Along with the Gran Turismo and Touring model that takes you to six models but if you add M variants of Sedan,Coupe,Cabrio and Gran Coupe takes you to ten models.

But BMW are investigating alternative concepts such as a larger Advanced Family Activity Sports Tourer - A mix of Coupe, Touring , SAV and MPV (think Citroen DS5) And a Shooting Brake model of the Gran Coupe that can be added due to the flexibility of the F30's modular matrix.
How about the engine - i or V?