12-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #75
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear From Jax View Post
Holy shit, we're on a forum and you're annoyed with someones opinion. Not everyone has to share the same opinion as you to voice it. If I feel that NOT spending the amount of cash that's going to need to be spent on this, and instead spending it on something that will be just as fast, cost half as much, and have my own personality, then so be it. I love my E92, but the M3/4 just isn't worth getting out of it.

Deal with it.
We are on the M3 and M4 forums, and I think many here are tired of the endless line of 335i owners claiming this, that and the other...

I'm sure the E92 General forums etc would be a better place to talk about the advantages of choosing a 335i and modifying it. In fact, there are dedicated forums for exactly that

If you went on a Ferrari forum and said that my Porsche 944 Turbo is a much better car than a 458, I'm also sure you would get some "feedback"

And when your budget 335i is faster than a M3 in every aspect (straight line, track, mountain roads etc). Then you can rightfully brag that your car is "cheaper, faster and has your personality". And it should also keep up lap after lap, just as long as the M3/M4 does.

A M car is more than just suspension and engine. Cooling systems, throttle response, transmission etc make up for a very different experience.

But that is besides the point. I agree with you that it can be just as (or even more) rewarding to modify your own car and create a sleeper. But it takes a bit more than just a chip and suspension to compare with a M
Appreciate 0