View Single Post
      05-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #315
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I'm not joining the collective freakout over what amounts to half a tank of gas. If that's the standard, it could be argued that under real-life conditions, the E92 is the lighter car since it empties its tank faster.

I will say I am impressed they were able to achieve these weight reductions given the larger dimensions of the car, and I'm sure this is only the beginning. With them recently signing a $200 million contract to triple carbon fiber production, the Comp/LCI could shed even more weight. Speaking of the new dimensions, they've reached a point where the M3 actually works as a sedan for me (complete with engine character far less stressful for passengers), succeeding in the mission statement the E90 was too cramped and the F10 is too fat to fulfill. Incidentally, it doesn't really work as a coupe for me anymore, even before you consider the squat, squished profile and stupid branding of the F82. Thank goodness the sedan is the looker of the two, or I'd have to skip out on this generation entirely.
Appreciate 0