View Single Post
      09-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #148
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
I think the point isn't comparing LED to ABS but rather that just because you have been driving for 20 years without something, doesn't make it pointless by having them. He could've made the same point by saying if you've been driving for 20 years with manual windows, it doesn't make electric windows pointless.

And LED lights aren't pointless. They have a safety value (e.g., here and here) in providing better illumination thus visibility, and they turn on faster allowing for better reaction time with brake lights. They're also more eco-friendly by being more energy efficient (less fuel and less CO2)... etc.

Individually, these improvements aren't that much, but in aggregate it does make a difference and every little bit counts. And I don't know how the new 3-Series (the F80 in particular if true) is going backwords by not using them.
No, his point was as a safety feature they compare to airbags and abs brakes. Nothing to do with electric windows- that's a luxury item, like navigation or enhanced audio.

My opinion is huge strips of LED running lights is pointless, it was always presented as my opinion by using the words "for me". Understand? You seem to really like taking the opposing view to my posts. If you're going to try and do so I wouldn't use a shop that sells LED lights as one of your sources or present sentences like your last (which is both contradictory and includes words I don't think you meant to use). Or you could just move on

Last edited by Carl L; 09-06-2012 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: smiley face added so people maintain perspective!
Appreciate 0