View Single Post
      09-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

I heard officially about 10 days ago, but I cannot postpone my trip, that was the suggestion of my sales associate. . . This is because I literally booked my entire third of the year's business trip AROUND this ED trip and shuffled 3 different flights for it already. I'm in Wales 9/15-9/19, NYC 9/22-9/26, LA 9/29-10/3, Las Vegas 10/6-10/10, Tokyo 10/17-10/24, Bangkok 10/31-11/6, and then Coventry UK from 11/12-11/16. They are ALL WORK trips, and no I'm not Justin Bieber just in case anyone was wondering . So I built my whole schedule around the September delivery, and as I mentioned to my sales associate I didn't want the car if it was going to arrive in the US in December or later because it would be dumb to get out of my xdrive right as the winter kicks in. If that was the case I would just have waited to take delivery next year.

As it now stands I pickup a Sakhir Orange w black full leather m3 specced out just like mine as anticipated next Tuesday, its a second order that is almost a clone of mine save the interior. Its still a bit weird to me, but apparently my dealership is gonna get that car and then sell it seperately. My dealership anticipates arrival of my "true" car w/ amaro brown by 10/15 so it must just be a very very minor delay and due to my INSANE travel schedule they agreed I couldn't pickup at any other time. As of now I currently have 2 F80 M3 production numbers, and one is out of production and the other is 112. It seriously must be like a 6-10 day differential.

Anyways, somehow this all still works out in my opinion and everyone has been very helpful. I just wanted to post what I believe to be a "glitch" in the BMW matrix because I've never heard of anything like this before regarding 2 cars due to a delay, and neither had my Sales Associate.

I standby the fact that I'm still not Justin Bieber either.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0