View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #71
r3dbimmer89
Major
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
I think you are absolutely wrong in that the market is not asking for AWD.
Let's look at the facts.

1. Audi sales are increasing = Quattro, Sales of Audi has been on the rise for over 5+years worldwide so it isn't because it is cool and in style now.
2. Ferrari, AMG and other high power/Torque cars are starting to hop onto the AWD be it either for traction or market demand
3. Willing to bet that Xdrive sales will beat RWD sales shortly if not already.
4. You can't give to the market AWD if they aren't asking for it, basics of marketing my friend as doing what you are saying is a money losing business model.
I am not going to argue the benefits of AWD which are obvious, I am simply stating that most of the world actually DOES look at Audi as being a "cool" brand and not buying them just for their Quattro technology. This may be true for some niche markets (Russia, American Mid-West/North-East, Canada, etc.) but Audi has had Quattro for 30 years so why haven't they beaten BMW since the 80s since everyone apparently wants AWD???

Audi sales are increasing world wide through aggressive styling and marketing themselves as a cool hip luxury brand and not positioning themselves to be stuffy like Merc or yuppie like BMW.

In the words of Steve Jobs..."people don't know what they want until you show it to them."
Appreciate 0