08-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #36
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Im not 100% sold on the supposition that this isn't a real F30 M3. It seems alot of work to mold properly flared fenders on the F30 if this was only to test out the chassis. It would seem easier to just cut the fenders and put plastic coverings over them temporarily. I think this is a real full fledged attempt at an F30 M3. Lets hope it gets the green flag for production, because even in all this camo the car looks mean, now we just need to hear more about that engine
+1!
100% correct ... this car is never ever an F32 testmule ... its an real F30 M3! To my infos the F32 as 4er is so different from the F30 that it make nil sence to test components in an F30 ... and the different engines were tested in E90 testmules. Look at the difference between 5er and 6er!

There are rumors that BMW/the M-GmbH could have completly changed their (in)market strategy ... since E30 the M models cames into Market as last model, this meen after the convertible ... but this could have changed with the F3X series and the division in 3er and 4er models.
The rumor says, that the new M3 could come much earlier than anticipated ... this meen even before the regular F32 4er hits the market ... late 2012(?) as F30 M3 ... one indication could the relative early out of the market time of the E92/93 M3(!) ... it seems like BMW has adopted the MB/AMG Strategy to bring the sportmodel short after the base model.
THIS could also meen that the F32/33 could be labled as M4!

Greets Uli_HH
Appreciate 0