Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
The warranty will of course transfer; the maintenance plan will not.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ceprogram.aspx
Right, but I have seen a current BMW CA (on the other forum) mention that maintenance plans could be "refreshed" for a fee by the dealer on transfer.

Here is a quote from this person on the other board late last year regarding maintenance plans:

===============================

The current transferability of warranty and maintenance plans was changed primarily due to off-brand competition.

Non-franchise dealers and auto brokers could purchase BMW's at auction or take them in trade and then be able to tout them as "CPO" or free maintenance.

Starting with Model Year 2014, BMW cut this off by limiting transferability of maintenance and CPO warranty.

But, if a BMW dealer takes in a CPO or a vehicle in the new vehicle maintenance plan, they can can "refresh" the coverage and sell it accordingly.

BUT

There is a consumer refresh for $700 as the poster mentioned. The dealer refresh is internal.

================================

So, I think there is an internal BMW dealership "refresh" they can do for a fee to refresh the maintenance on a car on sale if the car meets the right criteria. I dont know what that criteria is. The $700 fee might be the customer facing part of the charge.

If you are buying from a BMW dealer, I would ask them if they can refresh the maintenance plan on the car and see what they say.
Thanks! It's a Porsche dealership unfortunately.