General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Actually, I would probably prefer a 2 speed powerglide

Here is what I HATE about automatics, especially in high torque cars like the M3 - they have a tendency to change down when they don't need to. Sometimes on a highway you just want to squeeze the throttle and use the torque to gradually gain speed - but many autos once you squeeze slightly too much, they chop down a gear or two, and I hate that. 6MT, I can guarantee it won't change down no matter how much throttle I apply...

And when I test drove the M4 with DCT, it did the same thing. In 7th I applied a little (maybe 10% gas) and it changed down when I felt it didn't need to. I hate that with a passion. First world problems I know.

Yes - I could drive in manual and the DCT wouldn't do that. But if I'm going to drive in manual 100% of the time, I'm going to drive in *real* manual 100% of the time, and get a manual gearbox.

Maybe just maybe the DCT would "learn" my driving over time, but I doubt it. To me, unless I give it 50% or more throttle, don't change down. Just pull away. If only they would, I might consider a DCT. But as they are now, they "behave the same as an auto" in the one area I hate the most about autos...
You are just making circular arguments to justify your point.

You enjoy traditional manuals. I fully respect that. It is an emotional choice.

But the argument made in this post does not make sense...

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1