View Single Post
      02-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #22
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Staggered winter setup for the win. (Well, unless those are fronts+spacer they have on the back)

Pics like this always make me smile. Bookmark this thread for when the winter driving debates come up - they always do.
The conditions and images shown in these photos, while awesome, could be replicated with almost any car. Doesn't really mean much. Just because you can drive it in the snow, doesn't mean you should.. Again, it isn't a debate of if you can get it rolling forward, its your margin of safety which is the issue, which will always be higher with an AWD given an identical setup. You can't predict everything the clowns around you will do on the highway, and I prefer to have all the margin I can get rather than have to deal with an accident.

Yes, I'm sure it will be hella fun in the snow, on a closed course.. just not as a daily driver through all conditions winter can throw at you.

Back in the day, I was driving my rwd Lexus IS300 through all kinds of winter weather while everyone on the forums was crying about how much it sucked in snow... it wasn't that bad. Same prob applies to M4. However, I would still take the added margin of safety another car could provide any day.
Appreciate 0